Lindsey Wood, R.N.
Our policy is that students should not attend school or will be sent home for:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above
- Undetermined rash over any part of the body accompanied by fever
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Red, draining eyes
- Intense itching with signs and symptoms of secondary infection
- Open, draining lesions
- The presence of live lice
Students must be fever free without medication for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
Students cannot return to school after being treated for pinkeye or strep throat until they have been on antibiotics and fever free for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
For readmission, some illnesses may require a statement from the student’s physician stating the student is not contagious.
If your child requires any medical care or medication while at school please visit the MISD Health and Wellness web page to view all forms that will need to be completed.